Sunday, September 4, 2011

I Belive Introductions are in Order.

In a world where blogging is the new Journal (otherwise known as a Diary) I thought to myself. Aphrodite! Why are you suffering hand cramps and wasting ink! It's time to upgrade and suffer back pain while wasting electricity!  That was about 2 years ago.

As I have stated above introductions are in order. Hello. My name is Aphrodite. Yes thank you, its a wonderful name, as long as it's not your own.  I will spare you the woe me details because, what the heck! Intros are not where you want that garbage. I am a student at a college. The details are blurry.  I've been wanting to start a blog for a couple years now. I really like to bake and thought I should share this passion.  I hesitate to say love because it's new.  I'm just not the causal  'love' type of gal (You'd think it with the name and all).  I'm fairly new at the whole baking thing. I mean in a professional sense. I have never been to school for baking. I didn't even take foods as an elective in high school. But I've been folding filo since I could walk and rolling cookies in powdered sugar since I could tell the difference between it and flour. My family has had a huge baking influence on me but I can't lie. They are Cooks not Bakers.  About 3 months ago I read a quote that opened my eyes to why my mom and me clash in the kitchen.  It was about a baker's soul vs. a cook's soul. If I ever find it again I'll share.  So you are not confused this blog is going to follow my creations and growth as a baker. I might share a meal I whip up in enthusiasm but the sweets and bread is where it's at.  Recently I have been juggling the idea of a catering thing. I even had my first client and they seemed very happy with the treats. : ) Nothing big just favors for a baby shower. The process was thrilling. And as soon as I can I'll get some pictures rolling with easy to follow instructions and tips to save you a headache. I almost took on my second job but had to pass due to school/work conflict. I did however get as far as making samples. Which means I can share! And I will.     

If you have read this far I'd like to thank you. As this blog grows, I hope to grow, and bring whoever feels like following along with me. I have dreams and aspirations that spread in so many different directions it feels as if I'll never choose one, and maybe I won't. Maybe I'll choose two or three. I don't see anything wrong with that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to keep up with this and you! Hopefully we can join forces again sometime soon :)
    All the best,
    Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! Miss you! Side note: I noticed your sentences near rhyme. Love it. lol.

    ReplyDelete